The Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) is the apex body that organizes and conduct cricket for the blind across India, affiliated to World Blind Cricket Ltd.(WBC).
CABI is the cricketing arm of Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled which champions and fosters cricket for the blind in India, handed over the responsibility of promoting and organizing cricket for the blind by the previous body in 2010, affiliated to World Blind Cricket Ltd.(WBC). Samarthanam was also conferred the hosting rights of the 2nd T – 20 World Cup by CABI which will be held in multi cities from 28th Jan. to 12th Feb. 2017 across India.
Following are CABI’s achievements / contribution to Blind Cricket:
- CABI sent Indian team to England to play India – England series during August 2010 India won the series.
- The India – Pakistan bilateral series held in November 2011 in Lahore & Islamabad.
- Pakistan visited India in March 2012 & was convincingly beaten by India in Chennai.
- The Official World cup ball was unveiled by Syed Kirmani legendary Cricketer on Saturday 25th Feb.2012 at Chinnaswamy Stadium (KSCA) Bangalore.
- The World Cup logo was unveiled by B.S. Chandrashekhar legendary cricketer on 25th August 2012 at Palace Ground, Bangalore followed by S P Balasubramanyam Musical Concert which had 20000 audiences.
- Star Cricketer Saurav Ganguly, former Indian Captain & the Brand Ambassador for first ever T-20 World Cup for the blind unveiled the Mascot along with Mr. Ashok Khenny, MD, NICE on 2nd September 2012.
- On 26th October CABI Members received the endorsement of Star Criketers like Chris Gayle, Arjuna Ranathunga, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan, R. Ashwin, Irfan Pathan, Lakshmipathi Balaji & Harbhajan Singh.
- On 7th October 2012 Karnataka CM Jagdish Shettar inaugurated selection trails tournament to select the Indian Blind team.
- On 12th October 2012 Kerala cricketer Sreesanth inaugurated second selection trails in Kochi.